Consolidus is a leading innovation company offering a streamlined, Internet-based solution for companies purchasing promotional merchandise. Our lean technology management system enables users to consolidate the purchase of branded apparel, promotional products, print, and display materials across multiple departments and locations. As a result, organizations achieve greater cost savings, improved service quality, easier procurement, and increased brand management control.
Consolidus has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in our industry and in the nation, including 6 times “Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company” in the US, as well as “Top Workplace” for our industry and state.
This is a full-time opportunity located in downtown Akron, OH. The Director of Finance and Administration will lead the Finance and Accounting Business Unit which includes responsibility for accounting and bookkeeping, financial reporting, analysis, and process improvements to increase workflow efficiencies and improve profitability. The Director of Finance and Administration will perform a vital role in guiding our financial operations and helping us achieve our ambitious growth goals. They will work as part of the executive team to provide financial leadership, strategic insights, and tactical execution. This position offers the opportunity to shape the financial direction of a dynamic and innovative technology company.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing relationships with external partners, including banks, suppliers, insurance and benefits providers, and investors, as well as work alongside human resources.
1) Team Leadership:
- Build and lead a high-performing finance team, providing recruitment, mentorship, coaching, and professional development.
- Manage finance and HR Business Unit according to EOS best practices, including determining quarterly “rocks” for the unit staff, for example conducting quarterly conversations.
- Attend Senior Leadership meetings, training, and professional development that occur weekly, quarterly, and annually.
- Train/supervise Jr. Bookkeeper and other Business Unit team members to own their roles and responsibilities as specified.
2) Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A):
- Lead the FP&A function, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling to support decision-making and resource allocation.
- Manage Annual Financial Planning Process, any revisions and manage/maintain Financial Forecast.
- Monthly, quarterly, annual reporting and closing including Actual-to-Plan and Actual-to-Forecast variance analysis.
3) Financial Reporting:
- Prepare, present accurate and timely financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and financial KPIs to the executive team and stakeholders.
- Monthly F/S and reporting no later than sixth business day after month-end, including a “key observations” summary report (1 page) for Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Annual F/S and reporting no later than 45 days after year end.
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis, reporting and other KPIs.
- Monitor and manage company costs to eliminate and reduce cost of operations.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making, mergers and acquisitions, and other business initiatives.
4) Constituency Relations:
- Manage relationships with financial service providers such as insurance agents, brokers and carriers, health insurance TPO, payroll service providers, investment manager, and tax and accounting advisors.
5) Financial Operations:
- Manage day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and expense management.
- Oversee accounts payable – refine and utilize a documented and systematic approach.
- Develop and document new vendor approval system.
- Present company information to establish credit with vendors.
- Oversee accounts receivable – refine and utilize a documented and systematic approach.
- Manage collections and customer commercial relationships.
- Receive payments and make deposits in a timely manner to best support internal team/operational objectives.
- Establish and manage process for extending credit terms to customers with a documented process for receivables and collections.
6) Coordinate with HR Manager (Payroll and Benefits)
7) Audit, Compliance and Controls:
- Ensure financial processes and systems provide adequate controls and segregation of duties to protect company assets.
- Manage income, sales, and use, OH CAT tax return preparation and filing for Company and owner(s).
8) Supplier/vendor optimization:
- Co-lead vendor management from the accounting/strategic side, finding ways to maximize our partnerships and get the most out of the relationship.
- Develop royalty and rebate management, accounting, and audit system.
9) Risk Management:
- Identify and mitigate financial risks, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and accounting standards.
- Manage company’s insurance programs including property and casualty, liability, unemployment, and workers compensation.
10) System Management:
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of financial system software and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field; advanced degree (MBA, MS,) and/or related certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in accounting and financial analysis, with supervision or management.
- Experience with Human Resources management and/or Legal Compliance is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience with accounting software and financial systems is required. Paylocity experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements, compliance, and reporting regulations is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.